When it comes to decorating your new or used home, it can be tough to find inspiration. After all, you don’t want your home to look like everyone else’s!
You might be considering a pocket door you saw online at rustica.com to free up some space in a room. It’s important to find inspiration from a variety of places. You want your home to be unique and reflect your personality, but you also don’t want to spend too much time or money on the project. That’s where these five sources of inspiration come in handy.
1. Magazines and websites: There are tons of magazines and websites devoted to home decorating. They can be a great source of inspiration, especially if you’re looking for on-trend ideas. Just be careful not to get too carried away and start copying other people’s homes exactly. Online catalogs can be a great source of inspiration also.
2. Your friends and family: Ask your friends and family for their thoughts on your decorating plans. They may have some great ideas that you never would have thought of on your own. Ask them their opinions on what they like or don’t like about your home decor.
3. Home improvement stores: Home improvement stores are a great source of inspiration, especially if you’re not sure where to start with your decorating project. They often have displays that show different styles and types of furniture, curtains rugs, and decor.
If you are looking for paint colors, a home improvement store is the place to go. You can see different paint colors in person and get ideas for how to use them in your home. If it is a specific room in your home, you can use an online calculator. This is a great resource that can allow you to input dimensions of the room and then it will give you suggestions for furniture, decor, and paints colors.
4. Pinterest: Pinterest is another great source of inspiration, especially if you’re looking for DIY projects. You can find everything from simple ideas, like adding a new coat of paint to your walls, to more elaborate projects, like building a new headboard. You just have to take time and explore all the different boards and pins.
5. Architectural drawings: If you’re feeling ambitious, you can look for inspiration in architectural drawings. These can be a great source of ideas for unique features like built-in shelving or window seats. Just be sure to keep in mind that not every idea from an architectural drawing will be feasible in your home.
6. A local home and garden show: A home and garden show is also a great place to get inspired for both small and large decorating projects. You can see different styles of homes and get ideas for everything from paint colors to furniture placement.
7. Keep a folder of ideas that you see: Keep a folder or binder and make tabs in the folder for different rooms in the house. Print off what you see that gives you inspiration or that you hope to do in your home. Even if it seems farfetched, put it in. It’s always good to have dreams of what you want to achieve.
Start your folder even before you have a home. Your folder will grow over time. Maybe your ideas will change, but that is okay too. You can pull from this idea or that idea and make it happen. Soon, you will see that your ideas and inspirations have come to life.
Decorating your new or used home can be a daunting task, but with a little bit of inspiration, you can create a space that’s perfect for you. No matter where you find your inspiration, just be sure to take your time and plan out your decorating project before starting. That way, you’ll avoid any last-minute stress and be able to enjoy your new used home even more.
When it comes to decorating your new used home, sometimes it can be hard to know where to start. That’s where the sources we have mentioned above can help you get started.