Football season means tailgating, and that means food. Chefs like Javier Burillo have some ideas on how to spice up your tailgate fare and keep the party going at your next tailgate event.
Here are 12 ideas you can try:
1) Have a variety of meats on hand – beef, pork, chicken, lamb, etc.
Burgers and hot dogs are great, but why not mix things up a bit with some different meats? For example, try grilled lamb or chicken kabobs, beef skewers, or pork ribs.
2) Use different types of bread – pitas, naan, tortillas, etc.
The same old hamburger buns and bread rolls can get a little boring. So why not try some different types of bread? Pitas, naan, and tortillas are all great options for turning your burgers and dogs into something a bit more special.
3) Get creative with your toppings – onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.
Don’t just limit yourself to ketchup and mustard. Try some different toppings on your burgers and dogs. Onions, peppers, mushrooms, and other vegetables can add a lot of flavor and variety.
4) Serve up some delicious sides – potato salad, coleslaw, macaroni salad, etc.
Sides are a great way to add some variety to your tailgate menu. Potato salad, coleslaw, and macaroni salad are all classic options that everyone will love.
5) Have a variety of drinks available – beer, soda, water, etc.
No tailgate party is complete without drinks! So make sure you have a variety of drinks available for your guests – beer, soda, water, etc.
6) Grill up some veggies – corn, asparagus, carrots, etc.
Don’t limit yourself to just meats and bread! Vegetables are great on the grill too. Try grilling up some corn, asparagus, carrots, or other vegetables for a delicious side dish that everyone will enjoy.
7) Don’t forget your desserts! – brownies, cookies, ice cream sandwiches.
Ending your tailgate with a sweet treat is always nice. So serve up some brownies, cookies, or ice cream sandwiches for an awesome ending to your tailgate party!
8) Good music makes any party better – bring the radio or hook up speakers at your next event.
Throw in some good tunes, and you’re guaranteed to have an awesome time! Bring the radio or hook up some speakers to get the party started.
9) Make it a potluck-style event – let everyone bring their favorite dish.
Potluck-style events are always a lot of fun. Let each of your guests bring their favorite dish to the party and enjoy trying out all sorts of different foods.
10) Get your grill fired up early – grilled food tastes best when it’s fresh off the grill.
Grill your food early and enjoy it while it’s still hot! Grilled food tastes best when it’s fresh off the grill, so start cooking early, and you’ll be sure to please everyone’s taste buds.
11) Have some games ready to play – football, frisbee, etc.
Having some games ready to play is a great way to keep your guests entertained and willing to stay at the party. Football, frisbee, corn hole are all fun options that everyone will enjoy.
12) Provide trash cans – nothing kills the fun mood faster than having to watch out for trash everywhere!
Make sure you have plenty of trash cans on hand so your guests can throw away their plates or napkins as they finish up their meals without needing to worry about stepping on somebody’s discarded food wrappers.